Friday, July 16, 2010

Gutted

About six years ago I bought one of these guitar/mandolin packages offered by Musician's Friend for the low price of $80. I gave away the mandolin to my brother and kept the guitar. I knew some other people that have had these $40 guitars and they typically sound pretty bad and have high strings, rough on the fingers. By some fluke, the guitar I got was a joy to play and actually sounded really nice. I'm not much of a guitar player, but I really enjoy fooling around with it and do so pretty much every day, at least for a few minutes. Today, I knocked over my $40 guitar and broke its head off. This is a real blow. I'm sure I'll never replicate the quality of this particular guitar without spending a significant amount more than $40. If anyone out there has a nice guitar they want to unload for $40 or less, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm going to have to go back to playing banjo.

No comments: