Sunday, March 7, 2010

Moleman


Mike, this guy I've known since high school, is becoming a famous actor. You've probably seen him in those post office commercials where he plays the mailman who tries to sell customers on the idea of flat-rate shipping boxes. Lately he's been working as co-writer, co-director, co-star, co-producer and editor of a feature length horror movie, The Mole Man of Belmont Avenue. I'm pretty sure that he's doing music for the movie too. At least it sounds like him singing "doobie doobie doo" in the trailer. If you watch that trailer, right at the beginning, you can see the logo I designed a few years ago for his production company, Big Tree. Actually that was probably the last time we saw each other. I brought him the files and we had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches at his apartment. Then we drove around and looked at buildings with apartments for let. Come to think of it, besides being the last time I saw Mike, that was probably the last time I had a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm pretty sure I made tomato soup at least once since then, though.

No comments: