Friday, August 7, 2009

Growing Up Cad

Next weekend you can stop in at the Chicago Art Department and buy some artwork. CAD is holding an auction to raise funds for their organization. In case you don't know, the Chicago Art Department is a non-profit art gallery/community dedicated to fostering new artists. CAD regularly hosts exhibits, providing opportunities for artists that might otherwise have a hard time finding a place to show their work. They also offer classes and workshops to help artists develop their ideas and skills. Although, I'm not really associated with CAD, one of the most enjoyable and successful shows In which I've had work was the 200 Lincolns exhibit there last winter. When I heard CAD was asking for donations, I thought this could be a chance for me to show my appreciation. So stop by CAD next Friday, August 14th for an auction preview and then come back Saturday to bid on your favorite pieces. Mine would be a good choice.

No comments: