Friday, September 18, 2009

Pursuing Progress

It looks like I'm going to have to change the gallery hours so that I can work in the print studio in the morning, before going to work. I don't think anyone will have a problem with that. Today I went in on my day off and printed a couple of colors and prepared my screens for printing again next time. I only have two more colors planned, but I think the skin tone of this poor woman need some warming up so maybe I'll print an eleventh color before I'm finished. After closing up the studio, I met Justin at McDonald's and we drove up to the city together to see Owen at the Beat Kitchen. I think this might be the first show I've been to since the city-wide ban on smoking. The clean air was pretty nice. Since the set was mostly acousticish, I came home without a ringing in my ears. That was nice too. We also stopped in at Nate and Elaine's bakery, Fritz Pastry. Today their shop was featured on the Hungry Hound segment on ABC news. I hadn't been there yet and was really happy to see them doing so well. It's an inspiration.

No comments: