Thursday, October 30, 2008

In Progress

Unfortunately, I did not really get anything finished today. I did however work a little bit on this project which will eventually be a four panel, non-representational (not abstract) collage. I figured I'd just post this in-progress shot for now. And anyway, I wanted to get out my trusty old TTV rig which shoots digital pictures through the viewfinder of a vintage Kodak Duaflex IV. This is the camera I used for the entire Land of Lincoln photo project earlier this year.

In related news, I had a few sheets of some vintage blue and red tissue paper that was totally awesome. When exposed to acrylic matt medium and adhered to a collage piece, it would release some of its pigment and create a depth of color that felt, to me, like an oil painting. When that paper ran out, I bought some modern tissue paper and it just does not have the same effect. So if anyone reads this and has a bunch of old tissue paper lying around, send that stash to me pronto.

No comments: