Friday, October 17, 2008

Plastic Menagerie

I came home today to find a package of six hundred post cards waiting for me. I took these photos a couple of years ago using a homemade macro photography setup consisting of a crappy digital camera and a collection of plastic lenses removed from old disposable cameras. I was pretty happy with the quality of the images but just finally got around to thinking of something to do with them. The awesome thing about post cards is how versatile they are. You can send them to your friends or magnet them to your refrigerator, or you could cut some mats and stick them in some nice frames and they'd look great in your bathroom or whatever.

Sometime this week I'm going to try to screenprint up a logo on some wax paper packages and then these will be for sale in my etsy shop as a set. I also am hoping to get them into some boutiques around the country and start a little cottage industry.

No comments: