Monday, July 6, 2009

Verichrome Pan and the Case of the Mysterious Photographs


For the first time, I took advantage of the darkroom. I've been a bit nervous to do any traditional photography work since I haven't had any legitimate reason to be in there and its been so long since I did any film processing. Well now I'm officially sanctioned and I remembered how easy developing is.

I started off my new darkroom experience by processing this roll of super old film that was in my Anscoflex when I got it. I'm guess these pictures were shot about 50 years ago. I think they came out pretty good considering their age and the probable mishandling they've experience over the years. I just googled verichrom pan and followed the suggested developing times found at Silverbased.org and the images magically appeared. In the unlikely circumstance that you know who this woman is or the location, please let me know. I think it is her first day at some old-timey girl's college. The rest of the roll is on Flickr, so take a look at those too.

No comments: