Saturday, May 1, 2010

Photo Not Available

Tomorrow is International Print Day. Like Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day, the intention of print day is to get people around the world working separately together. I'm going to sneak into the print studio for what will probably be my last weekend of printing there. I'm going to take a few pictures and maybe shoot some video throughout the day. After this, I need to get equipped to do some work at home. I've been avoiding setting up a workspace here, adding more mess to what is already a pretty messy situation.

Just in time for the Print Day, I've announced the 2010 version of the Littlest Print Exchange. The prints are going to be even smaller than last year. This time I've proposed a theme based around the concept of the cliché, which I just found out is a word, like "stereotype", taken from the world of printmaking. In print terms, a cliché is the french word for a printing plate cast from movable type. Over multiple printings the plate wears away and, ultimately, it becomes unusable.

I also posted a new show at Captive Werewolf.

No comments: