Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Whole New Brushroll

I haven't been producing a lot of new work lately since I'm wrapping up my big show. Tomorrow night is the reception so I hope to see you there. Today, besides cleaning up around the house, I got the promo cards for the View Finding workshop I'm doing in mid June. And Michael, with support from local hero Bill Yohnka, managed to secure the Library for a screening of This Is What Democracy Looks Like. Saturday, Micheal and I are going to be representing Feed at the second annual Rock the Stacks concert at the Kankakee Public Library.

Then on Sunday I'll be taking down my show, after which I'll probably help hang the big juried Brainstorm show that Jeff Stevenson organized for the GSU gallery. So far, the list of people that I know for sure were accepted into that show are: Jason Brammer, Roberto Castro, Michael Costanza, Liz Farnesi, Julian Gordon, Annie Hogan, Hugh Jones, Jeff Kolak, Debra LePage, Lorna Fillippini-Mulliken, Shea Naer, Paul Rinaldi, Richard Shipps, Michael E. Smith, Margie Glass-Sula, Erin Waser, and John Zilewicz. When I find out more of the exhibiting artists I'll add them to the list. The jurors for the show are Chicago gallerist and photographer, Susan Aurinko and MCA Associate Curator, Tricia Van Eck. After that show is over, as far as I know, I won't have any real reason to go back into that building ever again. Right now I'm going to get back to cleaning even though I broke my vacuum and had to order a whole new brushroll so I can fix it.

P.S. I'm posting another picture that I took last summer and never used for anything.

No comments: