Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Killer Kuba

Killer KubaFor the next few weeks, I'll be spending my work hours avoiding the fumes coming off a room full of African artifacts that have been stored in far too many mothballs for the last few years. As it turns out, mothballs are extremely poisonous. I wish someone had told me that before I spent four long days surrounded by those fumes. Oh well, the medical advisers say health problems are caused by long term exposure. Unfortunately, they don't specify what constitutes "long term." I hope they mean more than four days.

Don't let the health risks dissuade you from coming and checking out the exhibit. I'm sure the few minutes it'll take you to become overwhelmed by the odor won't be enough to harm you. If I'm going to die, the least you can do is gawk at the cause. The little figure pictured isn't really included in the show, I don't think it is even related to the same region of Africa. I don't know anything about Africa. Its hot there right?


How to Identify Signs of Mothball Poisoning -- powered by ExpertVillage.com

No comments: