Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Research

This series of prints is officially up on the walls of the Research Gallery. Its a kind of weird space within the library where people are actively using computers to search the catalog for books. As you can see from the picture above, looking at artwork definitely isn't the primary purpose of the room. Still, I'm happy with the setup. I prefer that regular people see my work in a regular setting rather than uppity art types hanging around in galleries. And, I'm taking the liberty of adding this to my resume as a solo exhibition, the inaugural show, in a new gallery space. If you happen to be in the area, you could stop in a check out the presentation. Follow a clockwise path around the room and the printing process will be revealed.

After my prints come down, the next show is tentatively scheduled to be orchestrated by the experimental photographer, Marc McGowan. I'm interested in seeing what he comes up with, but that will probably not be until March at the earliest.

No comments: