Sunday, January 3, 2010

Art House Sketchbook

I finally finished up this moleskine for Art House Co-op's Sketchbook Project. I've been dragging my feet on it since I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I'm not really much of a sketcher and I didn't actually want to spend a huge amount of time filling pages with drawings and then just send the book away and never get it back. In the end, I replaced all the thin pages with more substantial ones, to which I attached small manila envelopes filled with prints of photographs. It isn't the most elaborate thing I could have done, but in the end, it looks clean and nice. Since I waited so long, the book won't make it in time for the January 4th deadline, but I think it will be fine anyway. Art House is planning to send the entire library of sketchbooks created for the project on a traveling exhibit across the country. Right now there are shows scheduled for Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Saint Louis.

No comments: